Setup and Troubleshooting Video
Overview of the UltraKlean
• Reduced Water Flow
– All pressure filters, even when new and clean, will reduce water flow from pump by approximately 50%. It is recommended to use the largest diameter tubing possible (up to 1½ inch diameter) in order to achieve maximum water flow rates.
– Make sure to trim off smaller sections of multi-hose adapter to avoid flow restriction.
– The UltraKlean BioBalls could be clogged with debris and require a backwash cleaning.
– Pump or plumbing may be clogged. It may be necessary to clean the pump cage screen and impeller.
• UV Light is Not On
– Cycle timer is not set to the 6-hour, 12-hour, or 24-hour setting
– Power to the UltraKlean Pond Filter has been lost. Check to be sure it’s plugged in and the ground fault breaker is not activated.
– UV internal bulb connection may be loose. Disengage the UltraKlean Pond Filter ballast, and check to make sure the UV bulb’s four-pronged base is seated securely into the receptacle inside the lid. Also, when replacing the quartz sleeve, be sure the collar is snug as tightening the collar activates the safety switch for the UV light.
– UV bulb could be beyond its life expectancy. Replace UV light.
• If your pond is subject to freezing, the UltraKlean Pond Filter should be shut down and stored indoors or in a frost-free location. If you’ve buried the canister body we recommend removing it from the ground to avoid possible damage. When disconnecting the tubing from the filter, the threaded fittings should be removed without the need for any tools (be careful not to lose the flat rubber washers).
If you have questions about this product, please Email Us