How To Video - Build a Backyard Pond
General Maintenance - DIY Backyard Pond Kit (99763, 99764, 99765)
• Debris Net:
– The skimmer is designed to sweep the surface of the water so this it is free from debris. The Debris Net inside the skimmer is the first filter stage of the skimmer. The net will collect leaves, twigs, seeds, and other pond debris. It takes approximately two to three minutes every other week to empty the Debris Net. More frequent changes will be required during the fall and spring because of the quantity of leaves falling off the surrounding trees.
– It is a good habit during your first season with the pond to periodically lift the skimmer lid and check the quantity of debris in the net. This is especially true in the fall. Keep a mental note as to how often your net has to be emptied. It’s important that the debris net is not allowed to become too full. Too much debris can reduce the water flow to the pump.
• Optional Brush Cartridge:
– The optional Filter Brush Cartridge (#99772) behind the debris basket is the second stage of the skimmer. The Brush Cartridge is designed to handle any debris that finds its way past the Debris Net. The brush cartridge will not need maintenance as frequently as the basket, since the basket will remove the majority of debris from the water. Remove and rinse the brush cartridge when you notice less flow over the waterfall.
• Add Water:
– Water levels will reduce over time due to evaporation and water splash off. Top off the water level in the pond throughout the year to ensure your pump has enough water to function properly.
• Add Water Treatments:
– To keep your pond clean and healthy we recommend adding an Aquascape Automatic Dosing
System, making it easier than ever to keep your pond looking beautiful.
If you have questions about this product, please Email Us